Grass Roots Venice Neighborhood Council
Housing Committee Meeting
Monday, Feb. 23, 7 p.m.
Vera Davis McClendon Center
610 California Ave.
2) Public Comment (Note: Public comment will also be taken on individual agenda items
3) Discussion of following possible objectives developed at last meeting, including possible actions for committee to take.
1) Urge the city to adopt an inclusionary housing ordinance
2) Support full funding of the city’s Housing Trust Fund.
3) Monitor compliance with the Mello Act requiring replacement of low-income housing displaced in the coastal zone.
4) Support legalization and habitability standards for second units
5) Investigate the use and feasibility of housing on vacant, city-owned property
6) Urge the city to act to provide shelters and permanent housing for those without housing.
7) Investigate initiatives designed to expand rent control
8) Support the extension of Mello Act-type requirements to that part of Venice outside the coastal zone
9) Determine the location of privately-owned rental units mandated for low-income tenants, and monitor compliance with the restrictions.
5) Setting of future meeting times and agendas